- Local News
Garden State Precast employees plant trees along Webster Street in North Tonawanda.
Trees planted in NT as part of bio-retention project
Newly acquired trees were put in place this week along Webster Street, one of the final portions of a green infrastructure project to ebb the amount of polluted water flowing into the Erie Canal.
- Erie County Sheriff explains his opposition to SAFE Act
- Art part of NT Winter Walk
- Do You Remember Dec. 7?
- NT first-graders learn on new technology
- LEFFLER: The Olympics, Mandela and freedom, oh my
- Trees planted in NT as part of bio-retention project
KEPPELER: Toys, toys, toys
Lost for ideas for this week's column, I turned to my 5-year-old, and asked him, "Sam, what should I write about this week?" The prompt response was brief: "Toys."
OUR VIEW: Bills' Toronto experiment not working
Come play in Toronto, they said. It'll be good for everyone, they said. They were wrong.
CONFER: Common Core: Welcome to more of the same
Itâ€™s not coincidental that as standardized testing has become the norm at all grade levels nationwide, the outcomes have suffered. The 'new' rage in education, Common Core State Standards, promises more of the same.
- KEPPELER: Toys, toys, toys
Michael DiCamillo shows off the popular DiCamillo Biscotti Tin, one of several holiday good gift items the bakery sells.
From apples to chocolates to sub oil, there's no lack of food gifts from the Niagara Region
When you look past the obvious, the Niagara Region in particular has produced many unique food items, from candy and baked goods, to wines and ciders and barbecue sauces. And with Christmas time approaching, they can be a way to give a small taste of home to a Western New York expatriate or someone who simply doesn't need more knick-knacks.
- Tonawanda pizza kitchen features fast-fire conveyor brick oven
- BOOK NOOK: Not much changes in the political climate
- CRIB NOTES: Getting your money's worth at Disney World
- CRITTER COMPANIONS: Robots better than the real-deal in zoos?
- THROUGH THEIR EYES: Fun and tradition at the Herschell Carrousel Museum
- From apples to chocolates to sub oil, there's no lack of food gifts from the Niagara Region