SLIDESHOW: CANAL FEST 2012
30th Canal Fest in Photos
- Canal Fest
Chasing light, catching shadows
Local artists braved the heat and easel-endangering gusty breezes Friday to take part in the first Canal Fest Paint Out, sponsored by the Carnegie Art Center in North Tonawanda. The Carnegie's building on Goundry Street served as a home base of sorts for artists, providing parking, a bathroom and a place to sit down while they scouted out painting locations throughout the area.
- FEST ON FIRE Canal Fest has coincided with a days-long heat wave for much of its 2013 run. With temperatures in the 90s for most of the Fest, organizers said turnout and profits will likely be down from years past.
- The man behind the midway Every summer from early April through the last week of October, Powers Great American Midways is on the move, bringing its rides and concessions and games to festivals and fairs through seven states in the eastern United States. And for owner Corky Powers, the past 25 years Canal Fest has been one of those stops along the way.
- Here fishy, fishy ...
- NT's youth going for gold during 'Canal Festimpics'
- Canal Fest parade winners listed
- City of Tonawanda takes tug-of-war
- Parading in style Longtime city auxiliary officer handed the keys to lead a parade he's helped keep safe
- Canal Fest 2013 schedule
- 'A Christmas Story' actor to lead Canal Fest parade
- More Canal Fest Headlines
- Chasing light, catching shadows