Tonawanda News — CANAL FEST
• Canal Festimpics youth activities sponsored by the NT Department of Youth, Recreation and Parks will take place starting at noon at Payne Park, 848 Payne Ave., North Tonawanda.
• Rides and midway games will run 5 to 10 p.m. on Niagara Street in Tonawanda. Food concessions will run noon to closing. A beer tent will be open from noon to 11 p.m.
• From 2 to 7 p.m, a travelling blood donor center by the American Red Cross will be in front of the Tonawanda Towers, 5 Main St., Tonawanda. Refreshments will be provided by the Exchange Club and the Tonawanda News.
• Face painting by Sheila Reigh will take place from 3 to 9 p.m. at the corner of Webster and Sweeney streets in North Tonawanda.
• Ron LoCurto and the Reinhardts will perform from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Gateway Stage at the water, Sweeney Street, North Tonawanda.
• Race day registration for the 26th annual Tim Frank Memorial 4-Miler Run will take place from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Eldredge Club, 17 Broad St., Tonawanda.
• The Knights of Columbus will present a theme tray raffle from 5 to 9 p.m. and an open mic with Tom Bender and Kevin Blakit and friends at 8 p.m. at 55 Main St., Tonawanda.
• The Diaper Derby will take place at 6 p.m. at the corner of Tremont and Main streets in North Tonawanda. The rain location is Salem United Church, 114 Morgan St., Tonawanda. Pre-registration is required.
• Sika Flex “Quick & Dirty” boat building contest continues from 6 to 10 p.m. on the lawn of the Long Homestead, 24 E. Niagara St., Tonawanda.
• Sara Elizabeth will perform from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the Tonawanda food court, Niagara Street, Tonawanda.
• A K-9 patrol demo by the Erie County Sheriff’s Department will take place at 7 p.m. at Main and Niagara streets, Tonawanda.