Tonawanda News — It’s enough column fodder to almost make me wish he’d won.
• I’m unthankful for cable news stations already predicting what Obama’s win means for Hillary in 2016. As Charlie Brown would say, “Good Grief!”
Not two hours after Obama was proclaimed the winner, a panel of “experts” on CNN were speculating about 2016.
We just got done with one of these things. Can’t we wait two hours before we start talking irresponsibly about the next one, which isn’t for another four years?
If that’s your idea of political commentary just shut up.
• I am, again, unthankful for the Buffalo Bills, a perennial un-Thanksgiving listee.
I love them. They’re my team through thick and thin.
And I’ll be sending them the medical bills when I finally snap and require a spell in the loony bin because I can’t stop screaming at the TV on Sunday afternoons.
• I’m unthankful I’ll be turning 30 in just a few short weeks. Though on the upside, I might pick up yardage on the age front. The growing patches of gray hair at my temples usually lead people to guess I’m older than 30 already. If that’s the case, I figure reminding everyone of my actual age can’t hurt.
• Riffing off that, I’m also unthankful I’ll need to renew my driver’s license, though the picture on it was taken when I was 18 and sorely needs to be replaced. Come to think of it, I should probably replace the photo accompanying this column. It’s now an astonishing five years old and the aforementioned gray hair is much more prominent than when I first took this job.
• I am completely unthankful for the “fiscal cliff.” If you haven’t read it a thousand times already, it’s the Washington-coined term for the pending tax increases and spending cuts going into effect at year’s end unless Congress and President Barack Obama do something to prevent it, which is about as likely as the Hatfields and McCoys breaking bread together Thursday.