- TUCKER: Time to start thinking spring Do you remember how we found out if there was a snow day when we were kids? How about Clint Buehlman on WBEN?
- ADAMCZYK: Awaiting a two-moon February Envision a planet with two moons. One is visible only once a year, the other every four years. The second arrives in approximate alignment with the first.
- LEFFLER: Perception is everything in politics, life If your worst enemy was crossing the street with a handful of packages and you offered to help, they'd probably turn you down. They'd later tell all their friends that you tried to rob them.
- KEPPELER: Snow day nostalgia
- DUVALL: No apology needed for music's evolution It's too early to tell whether Macklemore's success will open the door to a glut of street cred-killing, preachy pop impostors who will smooth over the gritty texture that makes good hip hop great.
- CONFER: N.Y. bill would mandate parenting classes S142-2013, under review by the state Senate education committee now, would require parents of elementary school age children to attend parent support programs and workshops, including one concerning abuse in its various forms. If they didn't, their kids wouldn't be allowed to enter seventh grade.
TUCKER: And the fight goes on
Last week, this column went from just a “column” to a “commentary” and rightly so. In that same vein, this week will be a follow up as so many readers emailed, called and stopped me in stores to add their thoughts about St. Francis of Assisi School and its efforts to continue.
- DUVALL: Twitter livens up a banal grocery run Some random thoughts while live tweeting a rare weekend trip to the grocery store Saturday morning.
- And the fight goes on
- ADAMCZYK: Off-balance is the new balance You may not grow wise as you grow old, but like it or not, you gain perspective.
- More Columns Headlines