- ADAMCZYK: The winter rope-a-dope Someday, perhaps as early as the first legitimate day of a legitimate spring, we'll look back on this and laugh, the boom and bust cycle of the winter we've endured. But not right now.
- ADAMCZYK: History is made of bricks Your heritage, essentially, is what you drag behind. It's your birthright, backstory, history, whatever, and bricks are likely as part of it if it includes life here in the Rust Belt. (I'm beginning to feel pride in that term.)
- CONFER: Russia on the right side of Crimea issue
- DUVALL: Is President Hillary an inevitability? History says no Reading the AP story on page two of today's edition got me to thinking: Is a Hillary Clinton presidency inevitable? Possible, even likely? Yes. Inevitable? Hardly.
- TUCKER: Time to clean out your attics Just as I was about to write a request for yarn, a wonderful woman who would not give her name, dropped off a large bag of yarn. It will go to good use as the VFW women, who knit chemo hats and blankets for the homeless and veterans, as well as Karen Armenia's knitters, are running out of yarn.
- ADAMCZYK: Running a restaurant is tough I like asking the young about their aspirations. Their plans for careers, and how to achieve them, sometimes stun me. A restaurant serving person once told me his goal was that of biologist/astronaut, a first for me. None tell me they want to open a restaurant of their own.
- DUVALL: Four years later, WNY a different place It's been four years since First Niagara Center played host to the NCAA basketball tournament. Stop for a moment to consider how different visitors coming back will find our waterfront in just that short time.
- CONFER: State's foot-dragging aggravates our energy woes
DUVALL: GOP school lunch criticism is pure snobbery
Single working mothers don't deserve to be guilt-tripped by a self-serving politician for letting the lunch lady make her kids' PB&J.
- TUCKER: No news except weather news If I never listen to another weather forecaster it will be a century too soon. This week's snow storm took me over the edge. Obviously, nothing was happening in the entire world as every broadcaster could only talk about the storm that was coming, the storm that came and the storm afterwards. Yuk!
- More Columns Headlines