Tonawanda News — It's time to dust off your favorite slow cooker — or Crock Pot — for the convenience it affords. So many great recipes perfect for pot luck parties or any occasion are here, and knowing that your slow cooker uses about as much electricity and resources as a light bulb makes it more economical than using your stove.
With the summer months ahead, it also won't heat up your kitchen, and will give you ample precious time for other pursuits.
Example: Time to once again enjoy the Bravo cable television channel's show "Inside the Actors' Studio," hosted by James Lipton. The season premiere began March 19 and imagine knowing that the show interviewing celebrities is broadcast in 125 countries, reaching 89 million homes. Check the News' television listings for times. Fans of "Inside the Actors' Studio" are familiar with host Lipton's list of questions which he poses to each of his guests at the end of the show.
While your slow cooker does its time with the savory slow-cooked suppers provided here, enjoy Lipton's queries and share the "game" with family and friends:
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
4. What turns you off?
5. What is your favorite curse word?
6. What sound or noise do you love?
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
9. What profession would you not like to do?
10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Please send us your favorite Mother's Day recipes for our May 5 column. In the meantime, here are some satisfying slow-cooked main dishes that have proven family-pleasing and garnered compliments.
Slow-cooked pepper steak