• A Trunk or Treat Party will take place from 6 to 7:30 p.m. today at St. Mark Lutheran Church parking lot, 1135 Oliver St. in North Tonawanda. The event will include food, carnival games, a cupcake walk, haunted house, pumpkin decorating (bring your own pumpkin), candy and prizes. Admission is a nonperishable food item to support the NT food kitchen. For more information, contact Liz Hurst at 861-9911.
• Frontiersmen VFW Post 7545 will hold its first Trunk or Treat event from 1 to 3 p.m Saturday in the parking lot of the post, 110 Elgin St., Tonawanda. The event is open to children up to age 12 and their parents or guardians.
• The North Tonawanda Public Library will host a Halloween craft day from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the library’s children’s room, 505 Meadow Drive. No registration is required. For more information, call 693-4132, ext. 5.
• A Halloween on the Green will take place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Kenmore’s Municipal Green, Delaware Avenue and Delaware Road. The event will feature games, crafts, face painting and food. It also marks the end of the Kenmore Farmers Market for the year.
• Tickets are on sale for the Community Services for the Developmentally Disabled fifth annual Monster Bash Ball for people with developmental disabilities. The ball will take place from 6 to 10 p.m. Saturday at The Braunscheidel Post, 3354 Delaware Ave., Kenmore. Call 896-2180 for tickets or information.
• Frontier Volunteer Fire Company will offer a free Halloween Haunted House Safe-House from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the fire hall at 2179 River Road, Wheatfield. The event will include a puppet show and treats.
• A Halloween parade will take place at 6 p.m. Wednesday starting at the corner of Wardman Avenue and Delaware Road in Kenmore, sponsored by the Kenmore Volunteer Fire Department. The parade ends at the Kenmore Fire Department, 16 Nash Road, where kids can enjoy doughnuts and cider and receive a candy bag.
Most municipalities will be trick or treating on Wednesday evening. Check with your local officials to be certain.