- Owners of new bakery bring their breads, cookies, pastries to NT's Oliver Street After a summer spent selling their wares at farmers markets throughout Western New York, a pair of North Buffalo residents have settled into a spot their business can call home -- on North Tonawanda's Oliver Street.
- CALLERI: 'Dallas Buyers Club' looks at a different facet of the AIDS epidemic There are so many names being bandied about for an Academy Award nomination for best actor, that a traffic jam is forming. You've got Bruce Dern for "Nebraska," Robert Redford for "All Is Lost," Leonardo DiCaprio for "The Wolf Of Wall Street," Chiwetel Ejiofor for "12 Years A Slave," Joaquin Phoenix for "Her," Tom Hanks for "Captain Phillips," Michael B. Jordan for "Fruitvale Station," and Matthew McConaughey for "Dallas Buyers Club."
'Little Women' in final weekend at Ellicott Creek Playhouse
"Little Women," is continuing this weekend, produced by the Niagara Regional Theatre Guild, formerly the Niagara Falls Little Theatre, Western New York's oldest theatre group
Photographer James Neiss' works on display at conference center
Niagara Gazette photographer James Neiss may have a photojournalism career spanning some 26 years, but he’s always kept in touch with his more artistic roots.
- NATURAL HEALTH: Oil pulling a improves oral health, inflammation Oil pulling -- or oil swishing -- is a healing remedy popular in the traditional Ayurvedic medical practice on the Indian subcontinent. It has also become a very favorable and effective treatment for oral health.
- MUSIC NOTES: Fifty years later, the songs remain the same Friday marks the 50th anniversary of the assassination of John F. Kennedy, a defining event in our nationâ€™s history, along with man landing on the moon and the Sept. 11 attacks. Even though I was not born by 1963, it was an event that still had a major impact on my parents, and maybe some of my readers.
- DESIGNS BY DANA: Use nature's bounty to decorate for holiday season For me personally, the upcoming holidays are meant to be a time for family, friends and special traditions.
- CRITTER COMPANIONS: The $64 egg Last week I had mentioned I was moving in the direction of living off the land. I upcycled most of the supplies for a chicken coop and was just getting ready for the egg-laying chickens.
- New residence in Niagara Falls reaches out to homeless teen moms in Niagara County Some people scoffed when Hillary Clinton said, "It takes a village to raise a child." She may have been wrong. In some cases, it takes a whole nation. The evidence: a new residence for homeless teen moms, which opened in October in Niagara Falls, was born through a vibrant service network locally, with funds that came through state and federal channels.
- BOOK NOOK: JFK assassination book asks 'Why Dallas?' In light of recent events in Washington, I found " Dallas 1963" to be doubly interesting: deep political divisiveness; dicey overseas relations; and a president who wants social change, causing accusations of lack of concern for the country's well-being.
- More Features Headlines