- North Tonawanda shop sells organic herbs, spices, teas Polly Gillebaard and Mary Kunkel said that since they opened their new store, Herbal Traditions â€" an herb and spice shop â€" Nov. 7, they've had a few people wander in, wondering if they'll be selling sausages.
- APRONS READY: Survive the holidays; be mindful of what you eat Here are some tips on how to maintain your weight during the holidays.
- CRIB NOTES: Disney World dos and don'ts As anyone who read my column two weeks ago knows, I recently went with the family to Walt Disney World. I wrote some about my experiences last time, but I honestly learned too much from this trip not to discuss the trip again this time around.
- NATURAL HEALTH: Pomegranate has long history, many benefits This pomegranate is quite popular for its deep and purple-colored juice that is packed with lots of antioxidants that may help in maintaining a smooth and wrinkle-free skin. But, aside from the possibility of helping people to maintain youthful and glowing skin, there are so many health benefits of pomegranate to people of all ages.
- Tips to spruce up your home decorations for the holidays This year, unlike years past, I had the great opportunity of working with a blank canvas: a barn. I designed this space from top to bottom in my own signature style, and can now share tips and trade secrets with you on how to copy this look for your own home this year.
- MUSIC NOTES: Is it the end of free concerts in Western New York? Earlier this year, various local media outlets reported that Buffalo Place organizers are considering charging a small fee for concerts that were once free, something Artpark did successfully two years ago. If Buffalo Place does decide to levy a ticket charge, it may mean the end of the free major concert series in Western New York. It was a great run.
- CRITTER COMPANIONS: Animals can be wallflowers, too This holiday season don't overlook the wallflowers -- animals or people.
- Leone's Cookies offers old fashioned baked goods while RigaTony's serves up traditional Italian meals The bakery cases at Leone's Cookies don't just hold baked goods. They hold family memories.
- Some weird and wonderful gift ideas Tis the season that all the newsrooms around the nation are getting inundated with a flurry of press releases offering great gift ideas.
Idioms highlighted at Project 308's first photo exhibit
In more than a year of operation at the small gallery space on Oliver Street, the Project 308 Gallery hasn't played host to solo exhibit entirely comprised of photographs. All of that will change Saturday when Buffalo State College photography student Kristen Snyder takes over the gallery's walls with 20 of her "quirky," perhaps humorous, photographs are part of her senior thesis show, "Don't Take Things So Literally."
- More Features Headlines