- Viola E. Starkweather
MOVIES: Could 'Knight’ catch 'Titanic’ wave?
With $43.8 million this weekend, “The Dark Knight” becomes the year’s first movie to claim the box office throne for three straight weeks and appears destined to become at least the second-biggest film of all time.
- MOVIES: ‘Dark Knight’ sets weekend record with $155.34M Batman has sent Spidey packing as king of Hollywood’s box-office superheroes.
- BOX OFFICE: ’Indiana Jones’ unearths $126M in box office gold Indiana Jones unearthed box office gold at domestic theaters with a performance that puts the film on track to become the second biggest Memorial Day movie opening ever, according to studio estimates.
LIFESTYLE: Jivin' at the drive-in
As the drive-in theater readies for its 75th anniversary this summer, a group of local enthusiasts is banding together to make sure the seasonal icon is around for decades more.
- MOVIES: Silent film fest coming to NT An often-overlooked silent film star will get the spotlight to himself this weekend at the Riviera Theatre in North Tonawanda.
- MOVIES: ‘Prom Night’ carves out No. 1 stake at weekend box office Audiences made a date with “Prom Night,” the remake of the 1980 slasher flick that took in $22.7 million to debut as the weekend’s No. 1 movie, according to studio estimates.
- LANE: Computers may erase animators' presence While the “Toy Story” series, “Ratatouille” and other computer-generated films are well-done (and dazzling to look at sometimes), there’s just something about the old-school, hand-drawn movies that’s special.
- FILM: On ’Quantum of Solace’ set, even the explosions are feeling lonely Picking up an hour after “Casino Royale” left off, “Quantum of Solace” is Bond franchise’s first direct sequel. Filming began in January and has taken the crew from Britain to Panama to this moonlike landscape in northern Chile, which is standing in for Bolivia.
- MOVIES: '21' doubles down to stay on top The gambling tale “21” kept up its winning streak as it took in $15.1 million to stay on top of the box office for a second-straight weekend, leaving George Clooney’s “Leatherheads” and the family tale “Nim’s Island” to scrimmage for second place.
- More Flicks Headlines