Chicken wings inspire countless culinary options
From chips to pizza and even ice cream, chicken wings have inspired many other culinary choices.
LIFESTYLE: ‘Wing’ the bell
Local deep-fried poultry connoisseurs have debated the issue for years — maybe even generations.
The Anchor Bar was where chicken wings were invented and helped secure Buffalo a place on the nation’s culinary map.
But Duff’s, which started in Amherst and has since branched out into southern Erie Canada and Canada, might have gotten the chicken wing right, some diners claim.
This week, the issue will finally be put to rest.
- LIFESTYLE: 'Cake Boss' coming to WNY For years, New Jersey’s been ruled by a “boss” from the world of music. While it would take a titanic achievement to knock Bruce Springsteen from that lofty pedestal, a baker from Hoboken has done a lot in the last 12 months to do just that.
LIFESTYLE: NT gets served on 'Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives'
Call it a diner.
Call it a drive-in.
Call it a dive.
Whatever label you wish to affix to North Tonawanda’s Pizza Junction today, there’s another one the eatery will have earned after Monday night.
- TELEVISION: Hungry for food shows It seems like so long ago, perhaps because it was. Food didn’t always have such a presence in television programming.
- LIFESTYLE: Sweet memories Evocative of clouds of flour, shiny, shaped cutters and sticky frosting with too many sprinkles, Christmas cookies are an integral part of many families’ holiday celebrations.
- COOKING: Prepare your holiday feast With so much going on in the world today, I feel it is especially important to gather with friends and family this year to celebrate Thanksgiving. Of course, what would Thanksgiving be without the lavish, delicious feast?
- BOHEMIAN HOSTESS: What food comforts you? We all have our favorite foods that elicit memories of our childhoods. The foods that remind us of the safety and warmth of our parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles or some other comforting adult presence from our past may not be the fanciest. They may not be at the top of the gourmand chain, but they are ours.
- LIFESTYLE: Add-ins to box recipes are icing on the cake Personalizing and improving cake mixes by ignoring the instructions and adding your own ingredients? I wasn’t sure ... but I was sold by the tempting pictures and yummy-sounding recipes therein — and then by the quality of the recipes once I tried them.
LIFESTYLE: WIngin' it
While Western New York chicken wing headlines are dominated by Buffalo’s Anchor Bar and Amherst’s Duff’s, one doesn’t even need to leave the Tonawandas to take in a good wing.
But whose are best?
- More Food Headlines
- Chicken wings inspire countless culinary options