Tonawanda News

Local News

December 15, 2013

The Tonawandas: Taking care in winter weather

(Continued)

Tonawanda News — • When traveling by car, keep an emergency kit on hand including non-perishable food, such as granola bars, dried fruit, beef jerky and water.

• Be aware of the danger of carbon monoxide poisoning. Check or change the batteries in your home's CO detector every six months. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, chest pain and confusion. 

• Never use a portable generator indoors; make sure they are at least 20 feet away from dwellings. Never use a oven or range to heat a home.

• Never idle a car in the garage.

Text Only
Local News