Tonawanda News

Local News

August 5, 2013

Fire causes extensive damage to Center Avenue structure

Tonawanda News — Dozens of firefighters battled a blaze just after 7 p.m. Sunday at a Town of Tonawanda home. 

Elwood Volunteer Fire Chief Gary Stuff said the fire on Center Avenue was caused by an electrical issue, with early investigations indicating more than $150,000 in damage to the structure, which he said was a historical house that once served as a train station. 

Two residents living on the second floor were at home during the fire, though no one was injured. Stuff said about 35 firefighters from his unit were on scene as well as members of the Brighton Fire Department. Stuff said the fire was caused by a fan or light in a first floor bathroom that travelled up to the second floor. 

1
Text Only
Local News