Tonawanda News — 1988 — 25 years ago
• Peter C. Rasch, president of Riverside Chemical Company, was elected to the Board of Trustees of DeGraff Memorial Hospital for a three-year term.
• Joseph Sanscrainte and Brian Zunner, both of Tonawanda, were appearing in the Buffalo Lyric Opera Theatre’s production of “Madame Butterfly” in Shea’s Buffalo Theater.
1963 — 50 years ago
• Tonawanda seniors Charles Schopp III and Thomas Peters were selected to participate in performances sponsored by the Erie County Music Educators Association.
• Joe La Joy and His Musical Knights performed at the Double D on Main Street.
1943 — 70 years ago
• The half century old Palmer House at the southeast corner of Goundry Street and Payne Avenue may fight the war on the Home Front as a converted apartment house for War Workers. Acting City Treasurer Wallace I. Robertson said the city’s application to the National Housing Agency was approved.