Tonawanda News — 2003 — 10 years ago
• The Rotary Club of the Tonawandas was savoring their first year in their own booth at the Canal Fest.
• The Historical Society of the Tonawandas was exhibiting a collection of artifacts in the display windows of the unoccupied Grant’s Building including a glove making machine from the old Van Raalte Silk Mill on Sweeney Street.
1988 — 25 years ago
• A new water slide was installed at Payne Memorial Pool.
• Father J. Patrick Keleher, former assistant pastor at Ascension Church, was appointed campus minister for the State University at Buffalo north campus by the Diocese of Buffalo.
1963 — 50 years ago
• No paper published.
1943 — 70 years ago
• Arthur J. Yaw, Highway Superintendent, announced that the width of Niagara Street from Hinds St. to the Tonawanda city line would be increased to 22 feet before the end of another week.
• Conrad J. Near, age 74, was reappointed as the City of Tonawanda Plumbing Inspector. He had filled the office for 24 years, 3 months and 15 days and was to continue until April 30, 1945.