Tonawanda News — 2003 — 10 years ago
• Light fixtures were installed at Belbas Field to allow for nighttime sporting events.
• Tonawanda Moose Lodge 2163 held its annual sportsman raffle.
1988 — 25 years ago
• Rich Stone of Payne Avenue found a card that was attached to a deflated balloon he found in his yard. The card listed the name of a youngster from Michigan with a request to notify him when it was found.
• Mike Pallotta and Dave Smith took part in the “Oil-Lympics” sponsored by Valvoline Oil Co. They competed against the best oil changing teams from among 130 Rapid Oil Change stores.
1963 — 50 years ago
• The YWCA held its sixth and concluding program in its travel series program. Films were shown on life and tourist attractions in Japan.
• Donald Wehrung of Tonawanda was named Exchange Club student of the month.
1943 — 70 years ago
• No paper published.