Tonawanda News — Ken-Ton’s Lindbergh School is the top-ranked Tonawanda school in the Business First rankings of elementary schools released Wednesday, despite dropping from 19th last year to 44th overall this year.
Business First ranked 281 schools in the Western New York region across all eight counties. The rankings were based on four years of test data from the New York State Education Department.
Lindbergh came after schools such as Christ the King, of Amherst, which was ranked number one, and St. John Vianney School in Orchard Park, which came in second.
Tonawanda’s Mullen made a jump from 58th last year to 45th in this year’s rankings, and was the only other school in the Tonawandas to place in the top 50.
Tonawanda’s Riverview came in 56th, St. Francis of Assisi School was ranked in 77th and Tonawanda’s Fletcher school came in not far behind at 80th. St. Andrew’s Country Day School was ranked 86th and Herbert Hoover came in at 100th.
Here are the rest of the Tonawandas’ schools rankings:
• Ohio School, North Tonawanda: 108th
• St. Amelia School, Ken-Ton: 113th
• Alexander Hamilton, Ken-Ton: 113th
• Meadow School, North Tonawanda: 118th
• Ben Franklin, Ken-Ton: 127th
• St. John the Baptist School: 128th
• Thomas Edison, Ken-Ton: 134th
• Drake School, North Tonawanda: 147th
• CS for Applied Technologies: 188th
• Theodore Roosevelt, Ken-Ton: 201st
• Holmes, Ken-Ton: 220th
• Spruce School, North Tonawanda: 223rd
• St. Matthew Lutheran School: 227th