Tonawanda News — 2003 — 10 years ago
• Daniel Evans, historian of the Columbia Hook and Ladder Co. No. 1, presented a 25-year Service Badge and Exemption Certificate to fellow Columbia member, North Tonawanda Assistant Fire Chief Joseph Krantz.
• St. Christopher parish was celebrating its 75th anniversary with a concert featuring the Buffalo Choral Arts Society under the direction of Marcia A. Giambrone.
1988 — 25 years ago
• No paper published.
1963 — 50 years ago
• Stephen Levinthal, a junior at Cardinal O’Hara High School, was one of four Tonawanda NEWS correspondents from the school.
• The Tooke Family of Tonawanda was celebrating four living generations of the family including Embury Tooke, his son Lloyd Tooke, his grandson James Tooke and his great-grandson James Tooke Jr.
1943 — 70 years ago
• The first regular meeting of the Central Elementary Parent-Teacher Association was held in the Central School. After a short business meeting conducted by Mrs. Lester Drefmeyer, Mr. Carl Meritt gave a short talk on “Our School.”
• Outplayed and out-classed in every department save that of gameness, the North Tonawanda high football team fell an easy victim to a strong Lackawanna 11 under the lights at the North Side stadium. The final score was 13-0 in favor of the Steel City lads.