- Night & Day
A box full of fun
Thank goodness for Redbox, which might put an end to Blockbuster and its brethren once and for all.
NT-based jam band Aqueous looks to ride the wave to musical stardom
Speaking during a recent interview in the News office, the members of Aqueous discussed the difficulties in achieving musical stardom and the downfall of much of modern music.
NIGHT & DAY: Flaming Lips bringing oddball antics to Artpark
The Lips will bring what’s sure to be an odd-looking playlist — among the band’s songs are “Free Radicals (A Hallucination of the Christmas Skeleton Pleading with a Suicide Bomber)” and “Psychiatric Explorations of the Fetus with Needles” — to Lewiston this summer for a dynamic and lavish stage show to Artpark on July 22. Tickets for the concert go on sale Friday at 10 a.m.
NIGHT & DAY: Students, teachers mix for Studio 2010 exhibit
It’s taken years of experience to produce the Studio 2010 show at Partners in Art Gallery.
Joan Horn, one of the two partners of the gallery’s name, said the new exhibit marks the gallery’s 13th annual studio show.
- NIGHT & DAY: “Healing Art of Light and Sound” featured in Market Place exhibit In his first independent exhibition, Justin Michael Blue will display a series of writing, photography, drawings and paintings in a show entitled “Origin: Transcending the Personal,” at the Market Street Art Center in Lockport through the Feb. 28.
- NIGHT & DAY: Hop Aboard the Art Express at the Castellani “Art Express,” will be offering family workshops at 2 p.m. Saturdays through April at the Castellani Art Museum of Niagara University.
- NIGHT & DAY: Giannetti to read his poetry Lewiston author and rare book dealer Robert M. Giannetti will give a reading of his work at the Capen Library, room 420, at 7 p.m. Monday.
- TELEVISION: Ready for final season of 'Lost' With the fifth season of “Lost,” viewers anticipated — as they always do — having more questions than answers at the end of the season.
- THEATER: 'In the Heights' opens at Shea's One of the hottest Broadway musicals in recent years started its first national tour late last year and next week, the tour comes to Buffalo.
- COLUMN: Casualties of the late night wars “Are you getting tired of hearing about it? Me neither.” That’s what David Letterman said about the “Tonight Show” drama at NBC, and I couldn’t agree more.
- More Night & Day Headlines
- A box full of fun