Christmas classic comes to NT
For the second consecutive year, the classic film "A Christmas Story" will be screened Saturday at the Riviera Theatre & Performing Arts Center in North Tonawanda, accompanied this time by a growing list of cast members.
- Dozens of local shops open their doors for annual Winter Walk
- Trees planted in NT as part of bio-retention project Newly acquired trees were put in place this week along Webster Street, one of the final portions of a green infrastructure project to ebb the amount of polluted water flowing into the Erie Canal.
- Art part of NT Winter Walk Months after the success of the first NT Summer Art Walk, the galleries of North Tonawanda are celebrating a new season with the first Winter Art Walk, held in conjunction with the annual Winter Walk today.
- NT first-graders learn on new technology A first-grade class in Ohio Elementary School in North Tonawanda prepared this week to meet their new pen pals from a first-grade class at Roy B. Kelley Elementary School in Lockport. However, they weren't trooping onto a bus, preparing to greet students walking into their room or even opening letters. Instead, they gathered on the rug at their classroom, peering at an iPad held by Laurie Burger, district director of curriculum and instruction, and the image also projected on a larger screen in the room.
- Christmas tradition on stage at Ghostlight Twenty-eight years after it first graced the Ghostlight Theatre stage, "A Christmas Carol" will return to the theater this week with its classic story of four ghosts -- and the bitter, holiday-hating miser Mr. Scrooge.
- Only 3 area SAFE Act arrests|Area police have made 3 SAFE Act accrests Since the NY SAFE Act went into effect earlier this year, local police departments in the Tonawandas are reporting relatively low numbers of arrests for violations of the controversial law.
- Housing grant renewal sought
- Extension delayed
NT shops unite to fight cancer
Sooner or later, everyone’s affected by cancer — and Monday, three businesses in North Tonawanda are banding together to spread that awareness and support the fight against all forms of the disease.
- More NT Headlines
- Christmas classic comes to NT