Tonawanda News —
2004 - 10 years ago
• Over 50,000 individuals visited the Vietnam Wall experience while it was in Kenmore. The Kenmore visit ranked 3rd in the nation for number of visitors during a five-day visit.
• William and Dolores Andrees celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary and Lloyd and Elizabeth Tooke celebrated their 72nd wedding anniversary.
1989 - 25 years ago
• The Rolling Stones’ North American Tour was scheduled to come to Rich Stadium in September.
• Erie County approved plans to pay $10.1 million in the dome stadium judgment case. Businessman Edward Cottrel sued the county after officials backed out of a 1969 contract to build a dome stadium.
1964 - 50 years ago
• No paper published.
1944 - 70 years ago
• A bond tribute in honor of Pfc. James Campas, who had made the supreme sacrifice, was conducted by his father George under the auspices of the American Legion. The drive more than exceeded its quota.
• Mayor Myles W. Joyce played host to distinguished visitors among whom were Congressman W. G. Andrews and W. E. Blauvelt from the Dept. of Agriculture at Cornell. They toured the area’s victory gardens.