- Today's Top Stories
- Kenmore Mercy receives nursing award
- Marina manager's salvage project creates dream boat A rotting wooden boat that had been built in 1965 was about to be stripped for firewood last summer after sitting in the Placid Marina for almost nine years. But the marina's manager, Wayne Howard Jr., took a chance on the old motor yacht, and on Friday, just a year later, the boat re-entered the water.
- Crowning of 30th Canal Fest Queen today
City of Tonawanda Garden Walk adds 18 new homes in second year
One year after the debut of the City of Tonawanda Garden Walk, the event is back with 18 new sites ... and even more hopes for the future.
- Niagara, portions of Erie enter drought conditions Western New York has joined over half of the continental United States currently experiencing a drought as of Thursday morning. The U.S. Drought Service said the drought covers Niagara County and most of Erie County.
River concert set for Sunday
Just a few years ago, promoter Kathy Paradowski was involved with her husband in bringing a canal series to the banks of the Erie Canal, which drew tens of thousands each summer to the economically deprived North Tonawanda.
- A growing tradition
- RETURN TO GLORY The block of storefronts on Delaware Avenue between Lincoln Boulevard and Mang Avenue is receiving a long-overdue facelift thanks to a hometown developer committed to the village's historic legacy.
Debate over senior drivers intensifies in wake of tragic crash
Monday's tragic incident involving an 87-year-old Kenmore man who had been driving north in the southbound side of I-190 for more than eight miles before a collision that killed three passengers in the other vehicle has reignited the discussion about how to ensure elderly drivers don't pose a danger behind the wheel.
- Niagara GOP's hand steering NT schools? Reorganization votes reveal party's influence over leadership posts, according to board member who failed to win vice presidency
- More Today's Top Stories Headlines