Tonawanda News — With summer’s official start Friday, events in the Village of Kenmore immediately ramp up — starting with the opening of the Kenmore Farmer’s Market on Saturday, Kenmore Days from June 26 to 29 and extending into July with concerts, fitness, gardens and more.
Here’s a look at upcoming events in the village:
• The Kenmore Farmer’s Market will open Saturday at the Village Green, Delaware Avenue and Delaware Road. Hours will be 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays through Oct. 27. Kathryn Finamore and Lori White are serving as coordinators.
From 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. every Saturday, the Kenmore Village Improvement Society will present the Get Fit Kenmore Hour at the market, with presentations including Zumba, fitness evaluations, children’s fitness activities, T’ai Chi, yoga and more.
• The 2013 Kenmore Days will take place from June 26 to 29 at Mang Park and other village locations. Events include Caribbean Night from 7 to 9 p.m. June 26 at the Village Green; Glenn Colton from 7 to 8 p.m. June 27, followed by Nels Ross — In Jest at 8 p.m. and a screening of “Madagascar 3” at 9:30 p.m. at the Community Center; JoyRyde performing at 7 p.m. June 28 at Mang Park; and Nickel City Reptiles & Exotics at 11 a.m. June 29, followed by The Lake Effect at noon (both at the Municipal Building) and Terry Buchwald as Elvis at 7:30 p.m. at Mang Park. Fireworks will take place at 10 p.m. June 29.
The carnival at Mang Park will take place from 5 to 10 p.m. June 27 and noon to 10 p.m. June 28 and 29. A classic car show will take place from 4 to 8 p.m. June 27 at Mang Park, and a rugby tournament will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 29, also at Mang Park.
• An Independence Day Celebration sponsored by KVIS will take place from 10 a.m. to noon July 4 at the Village Green, featuring costumed historic characters, a bicycle rodeo on a closed-off portion of Delaware Road, crafts, games, music and refreshments.
• Lunch Beat Buffalo, part of a global initiative to encourage wellness in the workplace through lunchtime dance parties, will take place from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. July 13 at the Village Green. The event will feature music by a disc jockey and local food trucks.
• The fifth anniversary season of the Children’s Concert Series, sponsored by Franco’s Pizza, will kick off at 6:15 p.m. July 16 with a performance by The Knewz, followed by John & Mary & The Valkyries on July 23, Dr. Jazz & The Jazzbugs on July 30, Sol y Sambra on Aug. 6 and Skiffle Minstrels on Aug. 13. The free concerts take place on the lawn of Kenmore Middle School on Delaware Road.
• Kenmore in Bloom will take place starting Monday, with “Blooming” (nomination of gardens) through July 8 and the Bloom Breakfast at 10 p.m. July 13 at Kenmore United Methodist Church.